- All entries must be received by June 1, 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Submission of entry does not guarantee approval; the Anchorage PrideFest Committee has the final say in such approval.
- A bio of the parade entry MUST be provided.
- A copy of the vehicle driver’s license and proof of insurance must accompany each of the motorized entries.
- REGISTER TODAY!
- Floats must be constructed prior to taking assigned space in the staging area.
- Float dimensions are strictly enforced. Maximum width: 15 feet. Maximum height: 13 feet. Maximum length: 40 feet.
- All floats must carry a current dated 20A10BC fire extinguisher.
- Floats may be self-propelled, a towed trailer or a flatbed truck. Floats may be pulled by persons walking, with the committee/s approval.
- Each float operator must have a valid driver’s license, and vehicles must carry current insurance as required by Alaska law.
- Helmets are required for all ATVs, motorcycles, bicycles, or any other vehicle required by law.
- All groups must provide a person to walk next to your group or float (Parade Marshal).
- No units shall display political protest, or advertising. Current serving elected officials may be invited to ride in the parade with signs identifying their current status. They may not campaign for re-election, nor display any campaign materials in the parade.
- Parade participants may NOT distribute literature. No spraying of water of other liquids from units.
- Alcoholic substances and other controlled substances are forbidden on any float, in any vehicle or on any participants. Persons caught violating this rule will be immediately removed and banned from future participation.
Equestrian / Animal Units
- Each equestrian / animal unit must provide their own cleanup crew, in costume, in the parade following directly behind the unit.
- Any rider or handler showing inability to control their animal will be deemed unsafe by police or parade officials and will be removed from the parade.
Staging / Parade End
- Parade participants must begin from their assigned staging area.
- Participants must obey the directions of parade marshals, and must keep pace during the parade. No form of drilling in stopped position; the parade must continue in forward motion.
- Float drivers return to their staging area to unload people.
- Car drivers must pull to the side of the parade route to exit passengers at their staging area.
- People walking should exit quickly to the sidewalk to keep traffic flowing.
- Do not block traffic at the end of the parade route.
NOTE: The Anchorage PrideFest Committee reserves the right to reject any entry at any time and all decisions are final.
Pre-registered participants: Please share the below with all of your group’s participants:
- Your Marshal must check in at the four corners of F street and Eighth Ave between 9:30 and 10:30 am
- When you check in, you will receive a colored piece of paper with your group’s number on it. (This number corresponds to the bio that your group provided to us when you registered.) This will be announced by Daphne as you pass by. Please do not tear this up, or attach it to your vehicle/stroller/wheelchair/ bike etc. This colored piece of paper must be held up, by the Marshal, in front of your group, as you come around the corner of 7th Ave to where Daphne and her beautiful wife are!
- Have your complete group/vehicle/float staged at your identified starting point by 10:45. (Please, keep your group together and as tight as you can – “parade right” – stage to the left sidewalk, until we get the six vehicles into place passing on your right.)
- We will have several entries this year and only one hour to get from E St. and 9th Ave to the Park Strip.
The parade will begin promptly at 11 am
A few reminders:
Group Marshals need to be checked in by 10:30 am
- Groups should be in place by 10:45 am
- Be patient and listen to Parade Marshal instructions
- DO NOT ENGAGE with protesters
- Do not THROW candy or knick-knacks, Please HAND THEM OUT.
- All vehicles need to have a charged (serviceable), ABC rated, fire extinguisher in vehicle
- Drivers need to have driver’s license, registration, and proof of insurance on hand.
- No alcohol, drugs, weapons, marijuana or cigarettes will be allowed on the parade route.
- Dress for the weather (you know it could be sunny on 9th Ave and raining on 8th Ave!)
- Please remember, this is a family friendly event.
For questions and more information, please contact Chris, 2019 Equality Parade Chair